>Have you ever felt so overwhelmed by a situation that you don’t know how or where to begin praying for it? I often feel that way when I think about problems on a larger scale than my own individual life. When I think about major natural disasters, gross human injustices, political economics, etc. As our church begins this week praying for our nation, I am equally overwhelmed. How do you begin to pray for a return to morality, integrity in the corporate world, a rejection of materialism/consumerism, an outpouring of kindness and generosity, wisdom among leaders, unity among races, compassion for the marginalized, and provision for the needy? The list could go on and on, and the prayers could takes weeks upon weeks. I’m reminded though of where we must begin in praying for our country.
- Thank God this morning for his patience and faithfulness to us in our sin and failure. Be reminded this morning that God is doing a great work in our hearts to transform us into his likeness.
- Confess any areas of brokenness, failure, corruption and sin that the Lord brings to light this morning.
- Pray that the likeness of God would become more and more evident in the people of God so that the nation will see our light and glorify God.
- Pray for awakening in our nation – that God would awaken in the people of our country a desire to seek him.
- Pray that God would bring about a deep conviction of sin that would lead to repentance and a devotion to Jesus.
- Pray that our nation would turn from the religion of materialism and consumerism to find its greater delight in God.