>This week our prayer theme is CF Mission. We began the week praying for our local partnerships, and then moved to praying for CF missionaries – both domestic and abroad. Yesterday, Ed Evans gave a powerful devotion about praying, and it was a needed refocusing. We subsequently prayed for missionaries. Today, our theme was praying for Africa. As you pray for the worldwide church, keep in mind that the church is booming in places outside N. America. So much so that it’s tough to say that the N. American church is still the theological center of the global church. As you pray, would you consider what it means to pray humbly, not from a position that says we know how to do church and they don’t, but rather humbly asking for unity, partnership, and mutual learning and edification?
Prayer Points for Africa:
- Praise God for the growing Christian church in many parts of Africa. Pray that the church will be strong and unified. Pray that the name of Jesus will be known, glorified and worshipped among all peoples in Africa.
- Pray that the church in Africa will be strategic in reaching the nations with both a strong proclamation of the gospel message and through providing effective acts of mercy.
- Praise God for the Third Lausanne Congress for World Evangelism recently held in South Africa. Pray for unity in the church worldwide and that the call for Christian leaders to humility, integrity and simplicity would have far reaching impact in every nation.
- Praise God for many church leaders that are being trained throughout Africa. Pray that schools like Scott Theological College in Kenya will continue to have a vision and the resources to train and equip the next generation of missional church leaders.
- Pray for many Christian ministries in Africa, like Jubilee Centre, that serve and care for the least of these – widows, orphans, refugees, victims of war and those affected by HIV/AIDS and poverty. Pray that the God of all Comfort will provide safety, shelter, education, daily needs and human dignity in the midst of suffering.