>Sorry, folks, I didn’t get around to posting yesterday’s prayer points. The entire staff went up to a Pastor’s Appreciation Brunch, and we were gone for a good portion of the day. I’ve been learning some key lessons about prayer and especially about the love of God lately, but I’ll have to save that for a later post.
Here are the prayer points:
Day 16: Sexual Purity
- Pray for those who are struggling with various forms of sexual sin; that they might be set free from bondage by the power of the Holy Spirit.
- Pray for the healing of those who have been sexually abused in their past and struggle with the consequences of that abuse; that they may be able to forgive their perpetrators.
- Pray for those in our church who are secretly involved in pornography, or sexual affairs (heterosexual or homosexual); that they may come to repentance and take the steps necessary for change.
- Pray that our children may be taught that sex within marriage is a wonderful gift of God and that it can be celebrated and deepen the unity of the relationship.
- Pray for those couples who are living together – that they might see the goodness of God’s plan for marriage.
- Pray that men and women in CF with treat each other with respect as brothers and sisters, and not see one another as objects of lust or fantasy.
- Pray that we will be consumed with an overwhelming desire for God so as to please Him in thoughts and actions.
- Pray that the Lord continues to gives CF a vision for Biblical community.
- Pray that the Lord continues to help us as a church see the significance of our relationships with one another.
- Pray for the 50+ Community Group leaders who regularly open their homes and their lives as they share the gospel – that they would have endurance, wisdom, and compassions to care for people.
- Pray that the Lord gives all the Community Group leaders a renewed passion to follow Jesus in all they do.
- Pray for the newly established Community Group Leadership Team that will help further the growth of Community Groups and Community Group leaders at CF.
- Pray that the Lord continues to draw people to himself through all the Community Groups and for spiritual transformation.