>Confession: I did not want to pray this morning. I did not want to pray last night. I was plain tired, and an array of voices were creeping into my head. “You deserve a break.” “One day’s not going to do anything.” “Your prayers aren’t really accomplishing anything anyway.” “Your family needs you.”
So many doubts and questions! 1 Sam 12:23 was a great reminder to me. “Far be it from me that I should sin against the Lord by not praying for you.” Then I remembered some friends who are going through a heartbreaking situation. How could I sin against God and not remember them in prayer today? So I got up, went to church, and prayed. This morning was a breath of fresh air. How beautiful it was to be with others in prayer, to sense the passion rise, as the urgency overtook us, and the Spirit of God fueled what needed to be said! God showed up and reminded us that the work of prayer does matter…but maybe more for us than the situations we bring forth. Thank you, God, for grace this morning to break through my sleepiness, and to pray!
We’re praying for Families and Marriages:
- Pray that parents of any age child will be faithful to pray for and encourage our children’s understanding of the gospel, and that we might move toward them with love and forgiveness if there are unreconciled issues from the past.
- Pray that children of any age parent will render them honor and respect, and move toward them with love and forgiveness if there are unreconciled issues from the past.
- Pray for the salvation of any family member who does not know Jesus.
- Pray for our marriages that they may reflect the steadfastness and faithfulness of our covenant-keeping God:
- That wives may deeply respect and submit to their husbands.
- That husbands may deeply love their wives and not be embittered against them.
- Pray that we will see struggling marriages reconciled and healed, and that CF will become a “no divorce zone.”
- Pray that our married couples see that marriage is more about making us holy than making us happy; that it is God’s great laboratory for our sanctification.