>Today’s prayer theme is Repentance for Sin. The morning devo talked about repentance being the first and most significant factor in revival. Revival always starts with a hatred of sin and a deep contrition. The cross enables us to repent because we don’t have to fear condemnation when we come to the light. We can come to God because He has forgiven us in Christ. We don’t need to make excuses, explanations, or entreaties. We can call sin what it is, and confess it to the Lord.
- Ask the Lord to search your heart for any hidden or unresolved sin. Confess those sins to the Lord with no excuses.
- Pray for power to say NO to sin. Pray for freedom from sinful attitudes or habits.
- Pray that God would continue to purify us as a church by bringing sin into the light.
- Claim the promise of God to forgive us when we confess our sins.
- Thank God for the power and effectiveness of the cross to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.