>Today was the first day of a forty-day prayer movement that God has been leading our church to. Each morning for the next 40 days, we will gather to pray at 6:00 am. Our purpose is to consecrate ourselves to the Lord – for His purposes and His will. We want to see God break through into our lives, our families, and our churches in such a way that we become like the Acts 2 church. Each day we will have a different theme to pray through.
Today’s theme was a Thirst For God. Here were the prayer points:
- Pray that God would open your eyes to see His beauty and excellence.
- Spend a few moments meditating on some of the qualities that make God beautiful and excellent.
- Pray that God will weaken your longings for other things by increasing your longing for Him.
- Pray that God would cause you to hunger and thirst for righteousness.
- Pray that an increased thirst for God will change the way you live today and view people you interact with.